Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bird to Blooms - the manic month of June!

June is a manic month for me - nature explodes with photo opportunities and I can hardly keep up with all the things I want to point my camera at. Breeding birds and wildflowers are at peak and I keep a running list of target species - ones I haven't photographed before, haven't photographed well, or those I just want to freshen up with new images. Living in central Ontario is idyllic since the biodiversity located within a couple hours drive of my house is enough to keep me busy shooting for a lifetime! 

Here are some photos I've shot in the past few weeks. So many species, so little time!    

Golden-winged Warbler, Muskoka, Ontario.
Canon 1D4 & 500/4 IS + 1.4x.
Lawrence's Warbler, Ontario.
Canon 1D4 & 500/4 IS + 1.4x.


Mourning Warbler, Muskoka, Ontario.
Canon 1D4 & 500/4 IS + 1.4x.

Yellow Lady Slipper, Bruce Peninsula National Park, Ontario.
Canon 5D3 & Sigma 120-300/2.8 Sport + 25mm extension tube.

Ram's Head Lady Slipper, Bruce Peninsula National Park, Ontario.
Canon 5D3 & 100mm f/2.8 macro. 


4 comments:

  1. Incredible post, you provide unique information in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always E, amazing shots. You truly capture springtime in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice.. And also watch Amazing niagara fall nature http://goo.gl/quJ8LU

      Delete