Thursday, December 02, 2010

Amboseli National Park, Kenya - part 1

I just spent two awesome days shooting in Amboseli National Park. There were so many different species of mammals and birds that it was completely overwhelming, especially since it's my first trip to Africa. I probably shot a hundred gigabytes of photos and video and I've barely had a chance to review the images, let alone edit any. I'm completely exhausted but couldn't resist posting a couple early favorites. Tomorrow we're off to Masai Mara National Park for four days... really looking forward to it!


Photo 1 (above): Yellow (Chacma) Baboon, Amboseli National Park, Kenya. Canon EOS 1Ds mark III; EF 500/4 lens. This baboon sat next to our van for about a half hour and stared at me (apparently wanting a handout of food). I nicknamed it "Bob-boon" and came to the realisation that I'm a baboonatic. Sorry, the lack of sleep causes me to make bad puns.


Photo 2 (above): Crowned Cranes, Amboseli National Park, Kenya. Canon EOS 1Ds mark III; EF 500/4 lens. Crowned Cranes were all over Amboseli and we had great chances to shoot a range of photos of them, but my favorites were of pairs together.

9 comments:

  1. Wow those two images are very promissing! Can't wait to see more images from this trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots and can't wait to see more from your trip Ethan. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan Rogers10:01 PM

    I had to yawn just looking at your Baboon pic...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This baboon... Wonderful portrait!
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:35 AM

    wonderful shots Ethan. its kind of comical as it looks like the Baboon is yawning at you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome site.Thanks .............

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shots! Kenya safaris provide the perfect opportunity to take some close ups of the amazing wildlife. I agree the shot of the baboon is brilliantly comical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those the Elegant Secretary Birds at the bottom...Wow good job.

    ReplyDelete