Sunday, October 03, 2010

Algonquin Park fall colors

I'm way behind in editing photos at the moment but couldn't resist processing a few from last week in the Algonquin Provincial Park area. I've been given some Sigma lenses to test out from Gentec International (Canadian distributor for Sigma) and I'm having a blast with them... especially the 300/2.8, which I took the bottom photo with. This is my first 300/2.8 and it is so amazingly sharp... expect to see me shooting a ton more photos with it!


Photo 1 (above): Maple leaves along Oxtongue River Rapids. Canon EOS 5D mark II, 17-40mm lens, Singh-Ray LB warming polarizer. ISO 100, 0.6s at f/22. [By the way, the leaves were placed there by an oreo-eating mammal.]


Photo 2 (above): Autumn colors in mist along Opeongo Lake Road, Algonquin Provincial Park. EOS 1Ds mark III, Canon EF 500mm f/4 lens. ISO 400, 1/50s at f/8.


Photo 3 (above): Autumn colors along Highway 60 in Algonquin Provincial Park. EOS 1Ds mark III, Sigma 300/2.8 lens. ISO 200, 1/160s at f/8.

5 comments:

  1. Nice autumn colors - over there as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelique8:31 PM

    Very, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Love the composition of the first capture.....Oh yes you mean that human who carries his oreos around in his camera bag with his gear....all the time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that Oreo-eating mammal has a great sense of composition! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first photo is amazing, I love it!
    Nice blog, if you want this is my blog:

    www.pettinariphotography.blogspot.com

    I'm sorry if all the blog it's write in italian...and I'im sorry for my english now!

    ReplyDelete