Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Don't ask a nature photographer....

... to shoot a wedding! However, I have been known to make rare exceptions for good friends, like my buddies Scott and Melissa (pictured below) who married last weekend. If rainy, horribly shitty weather on your wedding day is an omen for good luck, they can be assured eternal bliss!

If you're reading this and considering asking me to shoot your wedding, don't even think about it... I'm much more comfortable with birds, salamanders and shorelines!

8 comments:

  1. Funny, Ethan! I have been approached to do "people shots" and kindly tell them if they are comfortable wearing a pair of wings, or a badger costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. Based on how cute and creative the above shot is you could be a great wedding photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:17 PM

    So who will take the photos when and if you get married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did it really good, at least this one photo you've shown us;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn9:11 AM

    Ethan, you are a hoot! I'd love to see the rest of their album. Nice to see you didn't resort to that bride twirling in her dress to spread out the hem on the ground for the bouquets to be placed just so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha…I love that shot - but if you don't want to shoot the next one you can and couples to your friend Amelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dad doesn't look mad enough. Is that really a bull nearby? I appreciate the typical trademark humour of the picture.As for taking wedding pictures, I too was asked once and demurely refused. I just do flowers in the warmer hours when the sun is near the horizon. Some day, maybe, I will be at Halfway Log Dump before sunrise, it is on the list along with flying into Pangnirtung.Meanwhile, just north of the Hopkins Point Alvar, it is a sunny bright day with some ice on the pond. I hope this contributes to some coolness for you, Ethan.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete