Thursday, June 04, 2009

I am alive in Ontario!

I am still alive and can explain the lack of blog posts:

1) Work - I hate to admit it, but I actually had to sit down at a computer and work over the past couple of weeks. I processed hundreds of photos from the trip and prepared several presentations. You know what I think of work? It's overrated!

2) Van - I spent the better part of 3 days this week sitting in VW mechanic shops trying to fix a mysterious sputtering problem with the van. It seems to be working now, but I fully expect someting else to go wrong with it shortly... that's what they do. If I can offer one key piece of advice to you.... don't buy a VW camper van unless you enjoy spending money on repairs or are a master VW mechanic yourself. They are high maintanence vehicles!

3) Wildflowers - I've been scouting and shooting in the Tobermory area in prep for my wildflower photo workshop this weekend. It's an unusually late year for wildflowers.... lots of early species are still out, and the expected species are just starting to bloom. The mix of species are perfect for the workshop!

Here's a couple photos from this week...
Photo 1: Proof I am still alive... that's me this morning at Halfway Log Dump in Bruce Peninsula National Park. My trek out there was good 'photo-therapy' after dumping far too much money on van repairs this week!
Photo 2: Calypso Orchid (white variant), Tobemory
EOS 1DSIII; 100mm/f2.8 macro lens
Photo 3: Early Coralroot, Tobermory
My first photos of this unusual orchid species.
EOS 1DSIII; 100mm/f2.8 macro lens
Photo 4: Indian Paintbrush
EOS 1DSIII; 17-40mm lens; Singh-Ray LB Warming Polarizer & 3 stop hard edge ND grad
I've been shooting alot of wildflower scenes this spring, to diversify from my existing collection of closeup flowerp portraits.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:52 PM

    glad to see you are on the right side of the grass Ethan. I was starting o worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig5:01 PM

    Good seeing you again, thanks a bunch for the advice and enjoy the workshop.

    ReplyDelete