Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Trumpeter Swans

It's finally starting to feel like spring here in central Ontario. Much of the show has melted and the long sunny days are setting in!

There are some great wetlands near my place with Trumpeter Swans that originated from a reintroduction program. I had some fun photographing the swans on Sunday. The wide-angle shots were taken with my new Canon 24-70/2.8 lens. After using the 17-40 f/4 lens for years with the full-frame sensor bodies (1D series) - and always being disappointed with the soft corners, light fall off and barrel distortion - the 24-70 is a refreshing lens. Amazingly sharp and much better performance with a full frame sensor body.

EOS 1DsmIII; EF 500mm


A bit of fun with the wide-angle lens....
EOS 1DsmIII; 24-70/2.8 lens


Here's my friend Ian with his wide-angle lens at ground level to shoot exaggerated images of the swans.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Very Cool. While I look your first one in flight the best, I'd love an opportunity to photograph Tundra Swans with a wide angle. I'm a sucker for wide angle animal stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 PM

    Hi,

    Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the blog. We have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. Please contact me at balduaashish2@gmail.com to know more.

    Thanks
    Ashish Baldua

    ReplyDelete