Monday, August 13, 2007

Lake Huron sunsets

Sunset - St Jean Point Conservation Area

This small shoreline park is a rather obscure spot about 20 minutes from my house. Last night was my first time photographing there, and I was treated to a fantastic sunset.
I shot these using a Gold-n-Blue polarizer to accentuate the rich colors, 3-stop hard edge (4x6" size) ND grad handheld in front of the lens, plus off-camera fill flash (set at -3 stops) to show some detail in the boulders. The wind was so strong it was blowing over parts of my gear.

EOS 1DSm2, EF 17-40mm lens, Singh-Ray filters as mentioned above.
exposure top image 6s at f/18; bottom image 1s at f/20




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete