Monday, June 11, 2007

results of Bruce Peninsula Wildflower Workshop

I'm finally catching up on sleep after a great weekend for my Bruce Peninsula wildflower workshop. The weather was idyllic and the flowers spectacular (or is it pestacular Julie?) especially the Yellow Lady's Slippers and Indian Paintbrush, which are the best I've seen in years. The participants were fantastic - both enthusiastic photographers and just plain fun. We laughed almost as much as we shot. Thanks Julie, Glenn, Tracy, Dennis, Brian, Renee, Kiang, Phil and Vicky for making the weekend a success. Extra special thanks to my co-leader Ian Brooks (http://www.ianbrooks.net/), better known as "Mr. Nikon".

I managed to get in a few shots when I could.... all taken with an EOS 1DSm2





Photo Info (from top to bottom):

1. Yellow Lady's Slippers; 17-40/4L lens and Singh-Ray thin warming circular polarizer LB

2. Striped Coralroot orchid; 70-200/2.8L with 25mm ext tube and full flash (off camera) with Gary Fong diffuser (the thing that looks like a salad bowl)

3. Maidenhair Spleenwort fern in rock crevice; 17-40/4L with Singh-Ray thin warming circular polarizer LB light diffused, and supplementary light bounced in with reflector

4. Catamaran sailing into Indian Head Cove, Bruce Peninsula National Park; 17-40/4L and Singh-Ray thin warming circular polarizer LB

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Thanks for such a fun, inspiring weekend! I never would have guessed the Striped Coralroot would look like that. Perhaps I would have shot that instead of the "Nature" scene. And what can I say about the fern crack? Perhaps I'll leave that for Julie!
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 PM

    Thanks for such a fun, inspiring weekend! I never would have guessed the Striped Coralroot would look like that. Perhaps I would have shot that instead of the "Nature" scene. And what can I say about the fern crack? Perhaps I'll leave that for Julie!
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:56 PM

    sorry for the double post, never posted before, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People laughed at me a year ago when I was walking around with the Fong Tupperware, now everyone in The Bruce owns one!

    I like the Yellow Slippers shot. I would love the 17-40 on a FF camera.

    ReplyDelete