Tuesday, December 26, 2006

food poisoning in Florida -

I'm down in Florida for a quick holiday visit with family, and just my luck - I ended up with food-poisoning (I suspect it was raw oysters, but who can say for sure). For a couple days, I felt so wretched I'd rather have been dead. The only consolation was that it was rainy and heavy overcast those days, so I wasn't missing out on much shooting.

Things are much better today (for both my stomach, and the weather), so I went to Fort DeSoto on the Gulf Coast. Below are a few of the results.

Hope you're having a great holiday season!

1. Great Egret
2. Herring Gull with crab
3. Wood Stork in flight

(all taken with EOS 1DS mark 2, EF 600/4 lens)




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Hope you had/have fun in Florida. Amazing how all three photos are the exact same hue of blue. Crazy.

    Good luck Ethan. Found your blog through Mark Graf's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria,
    Good to hear from you and happy new year!
    I shot these 3 at the same spot within a half hour of each other - under grey overcast skies - hence the similar water color.
    I liked Ft Desoto - it's a great spot!
    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3Glad you had fun outside of wishing for death for a few days.

    I've been in Ireland myself shooting like crazy.

    http://www.icoholic.com/ireland/gallery3/

    There's some shots from a place called Mullaghmore. Processing on a laptop is rough, so I appologize for the crappy colour in advance.

    There's a couple there I really like once I remove the lens flares.

    Safe travels.

    Craig
    www.icoholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous post. Your blog is really outstanding. Thanks a lot for sharing such a wonderful post.

    Clipping Path

    Clipping Path Service

    ReplyDelete